Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Tale of two Days

Tuesday :
I dragged my bloody great carcas out of bed at 09:30, ridiculously early for a holiday, amazingly late for a school week here in Germany, in order to go to my German language lesson. I stupidly signed-up to a German language course for foreigners, so my German doesn't just really on social osmosis to improve. By this I mean being in a German environment and speaking German will just naturally improve my German, which it probably will, but it doesn't hurt to do a language course as well.

I got the bus into uni (which was late, surprise surprise), found the building it was in no problem, however finding the room was another matter entirely. I should have had about 20 minutes to spare, but the bus being late, this was reduced to 10. This was rapidly eaten up by me not being able to find the room. When I did find what I thought was the room, I rapidly concluded it wasn't. I don't know quite what convinced me I was in the wrong lesson, but it might have something to do with the fact they werespeaking Spanish (at least i think it was Spanish). I eventually found the right room, after nearly giving up, and was, by this time about five or ten minutes late. The lesson was ok, but nowt spectacular.

After the lesson had lunch in town, before registering at both the city library and the uni library, so I now have no excuses to get on with the work I've got to do for Brum uni. Which means I am going to have to find new procrastination tools, bugger. In the evening I went to an erasmus party in one of the uni hall bars, was pretty fun, talked to a few people, mainly in German, which is always a bonus. Unfortunetly couldn't stay cos I had to get the last bus home, but what the hey. Fun-filled and productive day, so can't really complain!

Wednesday:
Today was a completely different kettle of fish. Didn't get up much before mid-day. Spent waaaaay too long dossing around on the internet, before eventually having a shower, and then cleaning the bathroom. Dossed some more, and before sweeping the kitchen floor. And that's pretty much it, apart from doing my homework for the language class tomorrow, packing my bag, oh and yeah dossing some more on the internet! I suppose today has been one of those really unproductive days, ah well! As long as I don't do it too often....

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Social osmosis- I like it, I like it alot! Very clever indeedy!! I look forward to the next update :-)

12:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home