Monday, December 11, 2006

A Good Cuppa

Just had the best cup of tea since I arrived in this fair country over three months ago. No it wasn't because of the organic fair trade Darjeeling tea bag that made it, (although it is always nice to taste tea free of the blood of oppressed workers), it was because for the first time since my arrival here, I bought some milk, full fat organic milk to be exact. And oh boy does milk (especially full fat organic non-UHT-shite milk) make tea taste better, mmmm. I must say I have developed a taste for tea of the past couple of years. I used to never drink it. then at uni I gradually did, and the taste grew on me like a slow-growing poison-ivy. But now, when made right, it tastes, well, like home really.


In other news: Since my last blog entry on the more mundane aspects of my life (that was about a week ago now, jeez how the time flies), things have been proceeding apace. Last week at school was good generally, even when ignoring the Christmas market (see previous post), I felt busy, which I liked, cos as the saying goes Jesus is coming, look busy. Went to the environment meeting on Tuesday, Thursday I generally dossed about cos my German lesson was cancelled. I got an email from my History Year Abroad Essay supervisor who seemed generally supportive of my topic, and told me to read a book he's written about the topic, which I have got to track down here in Dresden (it's on the library system, but seems to be in a Professor's private collection, buggerations).

Weekend: Friday I met up with some of the other assistants for the first time in ages at a party, good to see em, and since all good things come in twos (I know it's threes), I went to another gathering with em on Saturday as well. Saturday day was spent pounding the streets and the Christmas market looking for stuff to buy as advent gifts. The staff are doing wichteln, which is secret santa but for the whole month of advent, you're supposed to give gifts every two or three days, I gave one last week, so I bloody made sure I stocked up on stuff to give for this week. Went to little Christmas market at the castle called Schloss Nothnitz (small pathetic excuse for a castle if you ask me, just a small manor house with a spirally corner) which is about a minute away from my front door. Today was ok as monday's go, and that brings right up to now with my cuppa story....

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

5:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home