Thursday, November 09, 2006

A long time coming

It's been over a week since I posted so quite a lot of catching up to do, especially since the last time I posted it was a poor attempt at putting my feelings into poetry. Although some people thought it was good, poetry, like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder I suppose. Ah well anyways, I may as well post about the trivialities of life here in Germany, especially since I haven't been speaking to some of you for a little while as well.

Well the week following my last blog entry was rather stop start, first week back after the school holidays, went in on Monday, then went to a party and out to a club (get me the socialite). Tuesday (31st) was a bank holiday here in Saxony. Called reformation day it is celebrated in protestant regions, because it was the day Martin Luther nailed his 90-whatever thesis to the church door. The catholic regions had the next day off, for all saints day (November 1st). Wednesday I was back in school, Thursday is my day off, as usual consisted of going to German lesson, followed on this occasion by a trip to the bagel cafe with Katrien and her sister, for lunch . Then followed by me spending the afternoon in the library rsearching essay topic, (finally got started) Friday back at school, did my lesson on school uniform with class 7a which went rather well.

The weekend was spent in Meißen at an overnight meeting of language assistants, which consisted of them trying to sell a English teacher training course they want some assistants to help out with, as well as giving us some teaching advice and tips. Not the most interesting weekend ever, but the wine tasting on the Saturday night was good, well I more than tasted it, mmmmm white wine.... The rest of Sunday was spent winding down and preparing for this last week ahead.

Monday did follow up lesson with 7a on uniform. Tuesday I sat in on a Georgian lady presenting herself (in German not Georgian or Russian, thankfully) to class 8 and did some dull passive work with class 9a. Uni lecturer came and visited me in Dresden and bought me hot chocolate and ice cream, good 'ol Robert Evans, good 'ol uni expenses! Then went to uni environment student group. Wednesday was rather more like it at school, did a lesson on sports and related things with 10a, and did a lesson with 8 about differences between American and British English, which was rather fun. In the evening went with Holger to drink a few Weißen beers in a pub near the uni. Today was spent going to German class, going for a bagel after, and then just mooching around, and not doing too much until I had to prepare my lessons, didn't much essay work, whoops! Ah well, there's always the weekend....

That's probably about it for now I'm afraid, I will post more regularly from now on, honest!

Labels:

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

1:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

5:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

6:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home