Thursday, November 02, 2006

I'm Missing.....

I'm missing the Life I had back home.
I am missing the north, and chippy teas.
I miss my dad's cooking, in particular his lasanges and roast dinners with roasties.
I am missing northern accents with the proper vowels.
I miss Liverpool, Manchester, Wigan and even sunny Skem.
I am missing the pubs in Wigan, and friends from there or thereabouts.
I miss the Parboldians and pub quizzes in Newburgh.

I miss Birmingham in all it's finery,
I miss the city-centre and the park in Cannon Hill.
I miss Uni and all it's intelectual-sparring,
Lectures, Seminars, and even Essays are looked on with nostalgia.
I am missing Selly Oak and student hovels,
And empty pizza boxes and chip rappers and cans.
I miss the pubs there too, for their cheapness,
But also for the people that were there within them.
I miss the Guild of Students, Joe's Bar and the friendly staff that were my colleagues.
I even miss Guild Council, and Guild politics,
With it's arguments, disappointments and political brawls.
I miss P&P and the campaigning fun that I had with Becky, Chris, Steven and all the rest!

I do miss home, but when all is said and done,
I would not change what I am doing now for all the world,
Because, you see, being here can be just as wonderful!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home